Hello and welcome to MPIA's Planet and Star Formation Coffee!
PSF Coffee is held every Wednesday at 14:00 h. For the hybrid meetings in the 2021/22 season, we will use the MPIA Lecture hall from October 27, 2001 onwards!
Go here for the Schedule
For volunteering to give a talk, please contact PSFCoffee@mpia.de.
The current organisers are Macla Ramirez-Tannus, Sierk van Terwisga, and Hendrik Linz.
- PSF Coffee is started by an informal part. Short contributions (<= 3 slides) are allowed during this part. Such short contributions may be pre-announced or spontaneous.
- One talk per session is the default. Two talk slots are really reserved just for very exceptional circumstances.
- Talks should not strongly exceed ~20 minutes, leaving ample time for discussion.
- Talks should focus on a single result or work in progress and not contain too many slides.
- Discussion, also during talks, is strongly encouraged!
- Total PSF coffee time is at maximum 60 minutes!
- PSF Coffee never gets fully canceled, but in case of no announced talks, there will be no coffee provided...
- If you drink coffee or eat cookies and are not a PhD student or visitor, a small contribution to the PSF Snacks Trust Fund is kindly requested. Please put your contribution in the piggy bank provided at PSF Coffee.
Note: For the time being, during Corona season, we will do hybrid meetings, with a limited number of people allowed to be present in the room, and more people joining virtually via zoom.