HHSF Code of Conduct (following ESO CoC)
The Heidelberg-Harvard community (in the following HHSF) is committed to creating a work environment that is safe, professional and of mutual trust where diversity and inclusion are valued, and where everyone is entitled to be treated with courtesy and respect. HHSF organisers commit to making this conference series and all associated activities productive and enjoyable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
Please follow these guidelines:
1. Behave professionally. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary comments or jokes are not appropriate. Harassment includes sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent. It also includes offensive comments related to individual characteristics, for example: age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, nationality or religion.
2. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual or sexist language and imagery is not appropriate.
3. Be respectful and do not insult or put down other attendees or facilitators of the event. Critique ideas not people.
4. Should a participant witness events of bullying, harassment or aggression, we recommend that they approach the affected person to show support and check how they are. The witness may also wish to suggest that the person report the inappropriate behaviour. However, it is up to the affected person alone whether or not they wish to report it.
5. If participants wish to share photos of a speaker on social media, we strongly recommend that they first get the speaker's permission. Participants may also share the contents of talks/slides via social media unless speakers have asked that specific details/slides not be shared.
Participants can report any violation of these guidelines to any Organizing Committee member. If asked to stop inappropriate behaviour participants are expected to comply immediately and, in serious cases, may be asked to leave the event without a refund. HHSF will not tolerate retaliation against anyone reporting violations of this code of conduct.
Acknowledgments: This Code of Conduct follows the ESO Code of Conduct. We followed in particular that outlined at ESO conference.