STUdent Paper and Informal Discussion
STUPID is a fortnightly student only journal club in an effort to broaden student's astronomical knowledge. They are currently every other Monday lunch, 12:30pm in the Hoersaal. If you would like to sign up for a talk or suggest a topic, email Jakob Herpich.
- Worried about your defence? You don't know anything about what the other department does?
- STUPID brings the whole MPIA student body together to discuss the entire spectrum of astronomy.
- Scared of giving talks? Don't like presenting in front of large groups?
- STUPID provides a welcoming environment of peers to give you the opportunity to practice talking in front of an audience. Don't worry, we've all been there (some still are!).
- Have a nagging question that you're too embarrassed to ask your supervisor?
- STUPID is a student only event so there's no need to be embarrassed to ask a question (not that you should anyway!) no matter how silly it seems to you. Who knows, someone else will probably have encountered the same problem!
STUPID Meeting Archive