in one of the next versions:
If you want to suggest anything
else, send a message to :
- Indicate the snapshot positions
in the UV-plane map
- Check technical observability
of the target via delay-lines, telescope capabilities etc... (2001)
Bugfixes and changes in 0.35.2
- This is Important: There was a bug in the computation of the baselines
(Computation of the complementary latitude and mixing up east-west and north-south projections in the first projection step).
This is corrected now. the results are basically completely different from the old versions,
however the order of magnitude is of course the same... (Thanks to Ch. Leinert, the first person after more than a year to notice
something was wrong....)
- There is an "Enforce Limits"-Button in the instrument setup panel. This forces the hour
angle range to fit a certain maximum zenith distance.
- In the UV-plane plot, little diamonds now mark the beginning of the tracks.
Bugfixes in 0.35.1
Both reports thanks to Eric Bakker from Leiden Observatory.
- Fixed a path problem in the start script vs_start.pro. Please do use this script
by calling @start_vs from the IDL prompt when inside the installation directory!
- Updated positions of UT2 and UT3 according to ESO document
'Functional Description of the VLTI', VLT-ICD-ESO-15000-1918, Issue 1.0, 16 Nov 99
See also here.
Changes from 0.30.0
- New way to start SimVLTI: type @start_vs (instead of vs_panel for earlier versions).
This compiles all necessary programme files and then starts the main panel.
- ASCII export files now also contain the baseline position angles (Thanks to a suggestion from Eric J. Bakker from Leiden).
- A brandnew import tool that can read various file formats and convert them
into fits-files used by SimVLTI. This is for importing standard graphic files, outputs
from a few radiative transfer codes and various flavours of ascii tables...
- Errorbars can now be estimated from flux values opr set by hand.
- A very simple interface to the internal state variable plus some new
documentation texts should enable experienced users of IDL to use parts of SimVLTI
for scripting purposes (autromatic data fitting a.s.o.)
Changes from 0.25.3
- An SNR estimator was implemented.
This means you now have to adjust integration times in "Instrument Setup".
So far, SNR estimates are little more than rough guesses...
- Slight rearrangement of GUI,
export and print buttons are now in "File" menu.
- More information in print
- Fixed a bug in Export ASCII
function - before, the exported files were never closed and thus not complete.
Changes from 0.24
- A bug was fixed
in the computation of finite filter width baseline tracks
- A readout widget
was added that allows intaractively reading values from the image or UV-plane
- The programme
was made compliant with IDL 5.1
- The handling
of image cuts was changed and accelerated
- The handling
of filepathes was made more universal. Should work for all OSs now. Dueto
several other difficulties, there is still a separate MacOS version.
Release of 0.24
(official first beta release)
0. meansthat the
programme 's not ready yet ...
December 20th, 1999. The version numbering has the following scheme:
24 means that approximately 24% of the intended functionality are implemented
Even more minor numbers are for bugfixes...
This programme is partly based upon an earlier version called "simmidi" by
, Patrick de Laverny (
email@example.com), and Gilbert Mars (
Most notably, the baseline projection part is still in its original
form and questions about this should be directed to the above authors.